Work, Work, Work!

Work, work, and more work, leaves little time for playing! As a new teacher this year, I'm spending a lot of time coming up with new ideas and ways to share ideas with kids. I'm loving every minute of it, but it leaves little time for stamping! I have done several classes and have done a little bit of stamping, but not near enough! My fingers are itching to get back at it!
Here's a couple of samples of things that I've gotten done...
 
This one is masked, shaded and then unmasked and stamped with the leaves. Simple design, but fun to do and makes a great guy card...which as you know, can be hard to come up with! I made these with my scrapbook group on Wednesday night, and they loved them!

I stamped a leaf in the corner, and then one on the outside of the envelope too.

This one I've done before, but just love the design and the technique! To get this neat look, add color to the stamp with the marker first, then spray the watercolor paper with water and stamp. When it's dried, color the stamp again with the markers, line it up with the stamp-a-ma-jig, then stamp over again. Another really good guy card!

Inside I stamped the tree in the corner.
 
This one is a Swing Card...a little hard to cut out the first time around, but a little easier when you've done enough for the whole class! :-)
I followed the directions that I found on Slitcoaststampers. This is the new Ronald McDonald set, Moving Forward,  from the catalog this year. Three dollars of each set sold, goes to the Ronald McDonald house! It can be found in the catalog on page 209.

When the card is opened, the piece in the middle swings around and you see the other side of that piece.  Love it! (And that cute, cute frog!!). It's well worth the cutting time! It did take me a little longer, since this is the first Swing Card that I've ever made, but I will definitely be doing it again!
 
This card is one that I copied from a sympathy card that I received from a friend in SD when my sister died in September. I loved her design, but used a different flower set on the front. This is a gate fold card, with the Top Note die used on the front piece. Love it! The flowers were stamped and then clear embossed to make the colors really stand out.

Inside I stamped the flower, then clear embossed over it too. Embossing really makes the colors  pop!
 
This card is so colorful in real life and so much fun! This is a shaker card, another first for me! I used some old beads that I had, that Stampin' Up! used to carry in the shaker part of it. I made some with glitter, but like the sound and the more color that the beads add to it. Stampin' Up! makes shaker cards really easy to make now, with the new shaker frame pieces on page 177 of the catalog. One of these are on their way to my granddaughter, Lily, who will be celebrating her 7th birthday in just a few days! Happy birthday, dear Lily!!

A little closer look at the beads and shaker part of the card.

Of course, you can't forget the inside!
 
We've had lots and lots of birthdays to celebrate in the last couple of months. My grandson, Gabe also had a birthday in Sept., along with my nephew, Alex. I used some punch art to make these fun Angry Bird cards....

complete with the pig on the inside. I don't play Angry Birds, but I know the boys loved them. Happy birthday again, Gabe and Alex!
 
And the last one...the thank you card that I included in my orders for September...a Halloween card. This is made from the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit and so much fun! I'm not a big Halloween fan, but I do really like this set and kit with the fun images and googly eyes! They add such a cute touch to the cards!

I had to add them to the eyes on the spider coming down from the middle of the card inside too!
 
I hope that you're getting some time to stamp and stamp and stamp! I'm off to drag out some supplies and see what else I can create today! Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!