Dry Erase Message Board

Katie has always liked the dry erase message board that I made several years ago and asked if I would make one for her. She wanted hers a little larger (more things to keep track of, I guess) and one that would magnet to the fridge. We found a light weight frame at WalMart that wouldn't be too heavy to stay on the fridge, and some really strong (hard to pull apart!) magnets at the new JoAnn's that just opened here in Elko. Here's my old one:

With mine, it hung on the wall in my kitchen and I had a dry erase marker with Velcro on it to keep it attached to the side. It came from an old pattern that I'd found in a magazine several years ago. I've always loved it for keeping my schedule for the week right in front of my nose. Here's what we came up with for Katie's kitchen:
Ingredients: Stamp Set: Inspired by Nature
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Regals paper stack
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, VersaMark, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Clear block A, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Big Shot, Snail Adhesive, Extra strong magnets, sewing machine, picture frame

The frame was 13 x 10.  I cut the Very Vanilla piece 12" x 9" so it has a 1/2" clear boarder around the edge. The clear block was used to stamp a shadow of brown behind the letters, then the page was divided into 7 equal parts and lightly penciled in for following with the sewing machine. The flowers were stamped with the Cherry Cobbler ink, VersaMarked then clear embossed and cut out. After stamping the grass with Always Artichoke and attaching the flowers, I used my sewing machine and a Crumb Cake colored thread to sew between the letters to divide each day. We removed the hanger from the back of the frame and added the magnets with some Super Glue and stuck it on the fridge:


As you can see, we already have it filled up for the week. A busy week with lots to do!
This was a pretty easy project to do and what a beautiful way to know what's going on for the week!
As you can see, stamping is not just for cards!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!