Technique Classes

I know it's been a while since I've been here, but I've had sick kids to keep a close eye on and not much computer time. I really have missed you! I've done a couple of workshops, started a couple of clubs, and helped with a 3 year old's birthday party, so I have been busy too! I love it! I have lots to share with you in the next couple of days, so hopefully, you don't mind a long post today. I'll share a couple of projects a day for the next couple of days to get caught up again!
As I mentioned, I've started a couple of clubs. The first one met last week for our first technique class. We started with the basics since we have so many new stampers...(I know, I can hear you....watch out ladies! You're hooked!) We started with a couple of my favorite techniques, embossing and crayon resist. Simple, but oh, so very much fun! With this first card, I found a card that I liked on Pinterest...(Addicting, Jamie!! I shouldn't have let you talk me into it! You had to twist my arm really, really hard, didn't you?!)  I used her basic design for the flower, then made it into an easel card for a little bit of a different twist on things.  It's such a beautiful card that can be used for birthdays, Mother's Day, thank you, or any special occasion. I love the pink!
The flower image from Flower Fest was stamped 4 times on Pretty in Pink with Versa Mark and embossed with the white embossing powder, then cut out with each layer getting smaller. We used the aqua painter to shade the petals with Melon Mambo ink to add a little more depth to them. The leaves were stamped 2 times on Certainly Celery and again embossed with the white embossing powder, cut apart and tucked under the flower. For the inside, a strip of Whisper White was punched with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch to give the easel something to stand up on. Little mini Pearls were added to the side of the letters and to the center of the flower. Isn't it just beautiful?

Here's a side view to see how it stands up. I love this fold and it's just so easy! Cut your card 4 1/4" x 11", then score at 5 1/2" and flip over and score again at 8 1/4" (that way the score marks go different directions, so that when you fold it, it folds the correct way on the score lines). Fold with the score lines the regular way on the 5 1/2" score, then towards the top of the card on the 8 1/4" scored line in the opposite direction from the first score line. Use sticky strip to adhere the top piece (5 /12" x 4 1/4 ") to the top of the folded back piece. To make the card stand up, add an embellishment or extra layer to the inside of the card, like I did with the punched piece. We added lots of dimensionals to the flower too. That's all there is to it! Easy, huh?

Here's the second card that we did with the crayon resist technique...
To do the crayon resist, stamp your outline image onto Glossy card stock with Stazon Ink, use a white crayon to add highlights, then with a sponge dauber or sponge, wipe ink colors over the top (you don't have to stay in the lines!). When the ink has dried just a bit, wipe over the top with a tissue to remove the ink from the white crayon areas. Where the crayon was will leave a little highlighted mark! Simple, but fun! Now, don't go swiping all your little kid's white crayons!

On the inside, we stamped a sentiment in different colors of ink across the bottom (or some stamped outside the box and went down the side! Gotta love it!). The flower image was stamped on the edge and burnished with the ink colors using the same technique as the front. I love just getting back to the basics and doing it all over again with new images and new colors! What fun!!!!
Our first class is full, but we can get another one going as I have some people that would like to join a class. Please let me know what works best for you and join us for some awesome technique classes! We have a card making class going as well as those that want to concentrate more on scrapbooking. Would you like to take classes by mail? Let me know and I'll send you all the details!

 I will be doing a scrapbooking class, using techniques for scrapbooking starting next Saturday here with Katie as our first hostess. Come spend the day scrap booking with us and work on your scrapbooks. I will teach a double page spread with the cost of $10.00 or free with an order of $50.00 or more. Stay for lunch after the class and work on your scrapbooks. Just bring your supplies for your extra pages with you. A light lunch will be provided. I look forward to a great day! Sign up that day for our technique scrapbooking class. This class is getting close to full and so is the second scrapbooking class, so let me know right away if this is the class you'd like to join. Contact me for all the details.
 Remember Sale-a-bration is almost over, so don't let it pass you by! With every $50.00 order, you can pick one item from the Sale-a-bration catalog! I love the paper and who doesn't like FREE?!
I'm off to move things around again for the taping and texturing that's going on around me! I'm getting walls! I'll try to squeeze in another post tomorrow, so that you can see a couple of more things that I've gotten done in the last couple of weeks. The weather here has been so nice, that I just might make Larry go fishing tomorrow instead of work! He needs a vacation!
Happy Stampin'!!
Lauri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!