Inset Embossing

This is another fun card that I saw on Pinterest and wanted to do with my technique classes for the inset embossing technique. What a fun and easy technique to do! Punch pieces from any shape punch and adhere them to your piece of background for your card, then place it in an embossing folder and sent it through the Big Shot. How easy is that?? The Square Lattice folder looks particularly good. The force of the machine embeds the punched pieces into the background so they look like they are set into the card stock itself. I love the bright colors on this card, and of course, that punched owl is so fun! I made one of these to send to a friend back home for her birthday, so hopefully, she's gotten it by now and this won't spoil the fun.

Ingredients: Stamp Set: Smarty Pants
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Yellow,and scraps to punch the owl and branch.
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Brights Buttons, Owl Punch, Bird Punch,
1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch,Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Daffodil Seam Binding (available in the Summer Smooches catalog  pre-view)

I love his eyes and the sayings in the Smarty Pants stamp set. It's on the retired list, so you better get it now if you want it! Going, going...GONE!


Inside, I added more of the circles on a piece of white card stock. What a fun card! I can't wait to share it with the technique classes next week! Are you still looking for a class to fit into? We have 2 scrapbooking groups and 2 card making groups going. If you'd like to join us, just contact me and we'll find where you fit in the best. We have a scrapbook group meeting tonight, so come join us! I'm off to finish getting supplies organized. I'll have some fun pages to show you after the classes are done. I love that I get to spend time scrapbooking again!! Don't forget our overnight retreat to scrapbook next weekend. I'm looking forward to getting lots and lots of pages done! Call me for the details.
Happy Stampin'!!
Lauri




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!