Birthdays!

My little niece, Rachael, celebrated her birthday last week, along with my Mom (her 81st!). I had so much fun making special cards for them.
Here's Rachael's...


I used the You Rule stamp set that is retired now. It was in the Spring Mini and with little grand daughters, I just had to have it. I embossed the crown, popped it up on dimensionals, and added the bling to it. It really screams Rachael! She's such a little princess! Inside I added washi tape to add just a little color, then had some fun with the words from the stamp set. I stamped some of the words in Raspberry Ripple, then printed between the stamped words. Here's what I wrote (the underlined words were stamped)...Rachael, Happy Birthday! Everyday you're a Princess, but I declare that today, you are Queen for the Day because You Rule! That puts you in charge!
Happy Birthday!
Love you!
It was a fun way to wish her a happy birthday!
 
 
My Mom's birthday is just the day before and she turned 81 this year! She loves flowers and has always been an amazing gardener, so I wanted to do something special for her with flowers on it.
 
 
 
 


Her card was fun to do with the Apothecary Art set (another one I haven't used much yet). I stamped the image in Early Espresso, then colored it with markers, then stamped again and cut out all the little flowers to add extra dimension to it. Yes, cutting was a little time consuming, but for my Mom, it was worth it! The butterfly was stamped and cut out (couldn't find my punch!) then added again with dimensionals to add that great texture. Love this card, and best of all, Mom loved it too!
 
Happy Stampin'!
 
Lauri



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!