Scrapbook on the Walls

I love to scrapbook too! I put a lot of time into the pages I create, and have found that scrapbook frames are a great way to scrapbook on the walls and be able to enjoy those creations before adding them to a book.  I have been working on a gift for my daughter-in-law, whose birthday was last week. I finally finished it yesterday and I'm really excited to get it mailed to her.
I used the Six Sided Sampler stamp set, stamped them with the stitched hexagon on scraps of Designer Series Paper in Early Espresso, then dabbed each side on the ink pad to add the dark edge to them. The flowers are cut from the Floral Fusion Sizzlit, also shaded, curled a little to give them some shape and added with a dimensional. Love, love, love the new Expressions Thinlits Dies from the Holiday Catalog! I can see that I will be using them a lot for scrapbook pages and for cards! Pearls, iridescent embossing on the butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri set add a little bling to the page. Matching punches are so much easier than cutting! Love Stampin' Up! punches!
These frames have so much depth to them so that you can add some depth to the page itself. This one was purchased at Hobby Lobby on one of my trips to Salt Lake, and actually opens to that the page can easily be traded out.

Our other daughter-in-law, Megan, had a birthday back in April and I made her a scrapbook page for her wall too. 
A little hard to see all the details in this picture, but I used the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack on the circles, along the edge of the straight piece, and along the edge of the scalloped piece cut from the Tasteful Trims Die. I used the Early Espresso marker to stitch between the holes and shaded each of them. The flowers along the edge are from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set and are clear embossed. That little cutie in the picture is my granddaughter, Autumn! Trent is currently serving as a Marine in Afghanistan and will be returning home in October. 
                                 
Again, the frame adds so much depth, that you can add buttons, brads, and lots of dimension behind the frame. What a treasure family is!

We had a one last hurrah in Salt Lake this week before school started for Larry on Wednesday. Our daughter, Jamie and her husband Mark made reservations for us in a wonderful hotel and we spent a day just wandering and fly fishing in Provo Canyon. What beautiful country! We didn't catch many fish, but what fun we had!

I even got my camera out when the fish weren't biting, and took a couple of pictures. I really need to spend some time playing with my camera again before I forget all the things I've learned! 
Hope this inspires you to do some scrapbooking for the walls! 
Happy Stampin'! 
Lauri




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Thank You!