Family Ties

I had gotten a bundle of some of the new products from the up coming Holiday Mini Catalog, and included in it was some of the Spice Cake fabric and designer (HUGE) buttons. How fun, except I left my sewing machine back in SD. Then an idea hit me...tear it into strips and use it like that. No sewing machine required! And what could be better than having it match with the new In Color, Pool Party, one of my very favorites!
The picture of all my grandchildren together, is one of my most treasured pictures! It doesn't happen often enough that they are all in one place at the same time and then trying to get them all looking at the camera and smiling at the same time is about impossible! How precious they are!
Ingredients: Stamps: Medallion
Paper: Pool Party, Soft Suede, More Mustard, DSP Spice Cake, Old Olive
Ink: VersaMark Pad
Accessories: Designer Fabric Spice Cake, clear embossing powder, brayer, Designer Buttons Spice Cake, Heat tool, 1 1/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive

Here's a picture a little bit closer so you can see some of the detail on the emboss resist background. I stamped the Medallion with VersaMark on my Designer Paper, embossed it with clear embossing powder, then brayered over the top of it with Soft Suede. The embossed area resists the ink and shows the pattern paper underneath. I wish you could all see it in person! It's so amazing and of course the picture of my grand kids is the best! (Grandma brag time!) Faith looks a little scared, and I do have a better picture of her, but then it wasn't very good of the other kids. From left to right they are: Gabe holding baby Michael, Lily with Collin on her lap, then Faith.

You can see here too that I punched out a 1 1/4" circle to cover the middle of that large button and wrote cousins on it and the date, with a little stitch of linen thread through the holes.
I'm spending the day getting all my "stuff" organized for the vendor fair tomorrow. If you're in Elko for the day, stop out and say hi! Road trip, maybe?? Really, really long road trip??
Please be in prayer for my son, Aaron and his wife, Niki. They live in NC right in the middle of where Irene is set to come on shore. Aaron is with the Marines and unable to get out of town at this time, so they will not be able to evacuate. My son,Trent and his wife, Megan are in SC and will be getting some of the back lash too. Please pray for their safety and God's mercy for the whole east coast.
I'll be back with another project I finished this morning tomorrow. Do something fun today!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!