Happy Stampin'!

What a fun afternoon of stamping we had! Katie had gotten a couple of the birthday calendars to make for Christmas gifts and hadn't had a chance to finish them, so she worked on those, and Nina, Dickson's sister and I made some cards. What fun to stamp with someone that hasn't done any stamping before! Nina's a natural and picked it up really quick. We're going to try to get more cards done before she leaves to go with the birthday calendar that Katie is making her. I did get a chance to play with some of the new "toys" that came earlier and I love, love, love them! Here's the card that I put together yesterday and this morning with my favorite set from the new mini called Take It to Heart. I used the design in the catalog as a starting point, so that made this card really easy to figure out. The best thing about this set too is that I got it FREE for having a workshop. How much fun is that!?  I love this bird image and the new Pleated Satin Ribbon and it was so easy to cut out with the the new Framelits Dies for the Big Shot. I also added the sentiment with the new stamp set Loving Thoughts. I can see where I will be using that set a lot!
Ingredients: Take It to Heart, Loving Thoughts, Woodgrain Background
Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Stazon Black, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Pink Pirouette Pleated Satin Ribbon, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Pearls, Lattice Embossing Folder, Dimentionals, Snail Adhesive, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive Stampin' Markers, Blender Pens
I colored the image with the markers and used the blender pens to smooth and blend the colors. So beautiful!
And the inside....just a simple heart in the corner stamped in Pink Pirouette.

Such a beautiful card!! I wish I could send you all one so you could see it in person. This would make a beautiful Valentine (coming soon!) or birthday, sympathy, just because card. I have a ton of birthdays coming up in January, so I will probably use it for one of those...sister, niece, several friends, son-in-law (probably a little too girly for that) 2 sister-in-laws, and the list goes on. I'd better get back to making more cards!!
Happy stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!