I'm Home Again!

What a wonderful two weeks I've spent welcoming my newest little grand daughter, Evelyn Sarah to the world! She is such a little doll and I tried as hard as I could to spoil her just a little before I came home! Her siblings, Gabe (8), Lily (6), and Collin (almost 2) are so good with her! She'll fit right in! I had a great time with the kids...we went to Focus on the Family's Whit's End, swimming at the YMCA a couple of times, out to the mall to play, and to the zoo to feed the giraffes, dance lessons, school pickups, etc. What a blast! With all the activities and pictures I took, I'll have a lot of scrap booking to do! Love it!  I made it into Salt Lake City yesterday where Larry picked me up...but my bags stayed in Denver! I got a call about 12:30 AM that the lady on the other end was bringing my bag from Salt Lake! (A good 3-4 hour drive!)  I said, "Really?!! Right now??! I really don't need anything until morning and we're all sleeping here!" Well, she had to do it anyway, so at 4:00 this morning!! my bag was delivered! Needless to say, I didn't wake Dickson and Katie up at 12:30 when she called, so when there was a knock on the door at 4:00 AM they were just a little freaked out! I was glad to get my bag back, but really it could have waited! They didn't refund me the $25.00 it cost me to get it back either! But then, I'm pretty sure it cost them more than that in gas to deliver it!
The card I'm sharing today is one that I made a while back and just love!

 The technique is called embossed resist and cracked glass. With the embossing, I used some of the already embossed papers from last years catalog, rubbed the different colors of ink to reveal the embossing on the background. I then cut it with the butterfly die and did three layers of embossing with the clear embossing powder, rubbing the entire butterfly with the VersaMark pad between layers. After the third layer, I put it in my freezer to cool completely for a little while, then pulled it out and cracked it by bending it a little. It's so fun to watch the "glass" crack! With a chocolate chip pad, I rubbed ink over the top to fill in some of the cracks on it. Such a beautiful technique!
The butterfly body is made with wire and beads strung on it, then bent to give it antennas.
Here's another card using the same cracked glass technique.


It gives that "old fashioned" looked to the cards.
Off to finish laundry and get things settled and back to normal...or as close to normal as I can! Thanks for stopping in today.
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!