Thank You!

I've been able to make lots of thank you cards this summer. You see, I've been diagnosed with breast cancer, and through the process, I've had some very kind and giving people. It has humbled me greatly to hear the number of people that are praying for me, and knowing that each prayer is brought before our Mighty King and He hears and answers each one. It makes me very grateful! It has been a different summer than what we had planned, that's for sure! Chemo has not been kind some days, and then other days, I feel "normal" and back to myself again...except for no hair! I'm getting used to wearing hats and scarves, though I still can't get used to the people that look at me like I have something missing. I just try to smile and not let it bother me. Maybe they'll figure it out, and then maybe not.Thank you for the support and love I have felt from my family and friends! I know that I don't fight this battle alone and I cherish each one of you! God has made me God tough and I know that He's right here carrying me through it all.

 This is one of the thank you cards that I made with the Honeycomb embossing folder.


I used scraps for the flowers, embossed, and then cut them out...a little time consuming, but love the quilt look to it. I made a hand pieced quilt many years ago with this Grandma's Garden quilt pattern, so it has a special place in my heart. So fun to do with the Honeycomb folder. Now, we just need a punch for the pieces! From my lips to Stampin' Up!'s ears!
The doilies were stamped with the Thanks so Much stamp from the Oh Hello stamp set. then a bow tied from a leftover piece of Tempting Turquoise ribbon.  Inside, I added another flower to the corner, after all, can't leave the inside naked!

So pretty! Love to quilt, and love to quilt with paper too!
Off to the park for a while! Going to try to enjoy these "feel good" days!
 
Happy Stampin'!
 Lauri









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls