New Card Keeper Box

In the new Holiday Mini Catalog, available in just a few short days, is a new card keeper. It's made from a paper covered chipboard that you can cover anyway you choose. What a fun gift this would be with some cards in it. I know more than one person on my holiday shopping list that could use one of these! What a special touch! It comes with the pattern for covering it and is pretty simple to do. I covered mine during nap time, (no, I wasn't napping, the kids were!) so about 2 hours to do it, then a little more for doing the divider cards inside and decorating the top. I love the new Hello Doily stamp set that I used on the top. I embossed it with white embossing powder and it looks so real...almost like the doilies my grandma used to make! Here's some pictures of the process.

The lid being covered and then the box part.
Ingredients: Hello Doily, Delicate Doily stamp sets
Paper: Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess selection)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Stampin' Card Keeper, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, White embossing powder, heat tool, Glue dots, dimensionals, Crop-A-Dile, scraps of ribbon, Dotto, Black Marker 

There's a couple of things to keep in mind when building your box. First of all, it comes assembled, so put the box together before you add the paper to it. The lid comes in one piece and the bottom box is nested into it for shipping. The corners have sticky strip on them already, so peel and stick, but just one at a time. The flaps of the box will go to the inside and line them up straight so that your lid will fit when you get done. The lid is covered with just one piece of 12x12 paper and the bottom will take 4 sheets of 12x12 paper. I had 2 packages of the hostess pack Cheerful Treat and I had plenty of extra scraps to cover the inside dividers and then some out of those 5 sheets. The pattern for cutting and scoring is included, so no guess work involved! I cut out the pattern, then attached it with Dotto (the temporary glue dots) to the back side of the pattern that I was using, then cut and scored my paper with the pattern attached. You don't need much Dotto to keep it in place.Cover the box with the glue, then add the paper. That will keep the paper from wrinkling when you add it too the box. You can use a bone folder to smooth it across the box surface.
Here's the box all put together:
And a close up of that doily:
And one more with the lid off to see the inside:
I covered the dividers with more of the leftover pieces, then punched them with the Crop-A-Dile and added a little scrap of ribbon through the hole. I wrote different types of all occasion cards on the tabs, but you could use it as a birthday calendar too and add the months. There are 6 dividers in all included.
It really was a fun project to do and something I really needed for keeping my cards organized!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!