Snow Much Fun!

With Christmas  not far away, thoughts are turning to making cards and getting them done before the last minute (which is what I usually do!). I'm going to do something a little different this year and not just make 75-100 of the same card. I have several people that have asked about making cards for Christmas, so while I'm putting together ideas for the classes, I can get my cards made at the same time! Pretty smart of me, don't you think? I love the sample in the catalog for the Snow Much Fun set! It really was the reason that I got the set in the first place and looking through the list of materials, I had everything that was on the list! Shucks! I didn't have to order anything! You can find the list of materials that they used in the supply list on the sidebar here on my blog. Just look up what page number the sample is on (pg 35 in this case) and which sample from the page that it is (this one is the first one, so sample a). The list will be right there for you. I printed out a copy of it for my catalog and have gone through and circled the samples that I want to make. I even mark the sizes in my catalog for the pieces that I cut (I do it in pencil, just in case I need to change them as I go along) then the measurements are all written down next time I might want them.

Ingredients: Stamp Sets: Snow Much Fun, Petite Pairs (I added that to the inside)
Paper: Cherry, Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Regals and Brights pattern paper packs, Whisper White (for the inside) and Watercolor Paper for the front
Ink: White craft (again something I added that wasn't on the list to make my snowman a little more white on the watercolor paper), Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Modern Label Punch

And here's a look at the inside. I used the same papers on the inside with the strips of patterned paper, then added the sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set with the little stocking from Snow Much Fun colored with the same ink colors. How cute is this card?? I only made four of them, so may have to break down and do more of him...he's just so stinkin' cute!!
I feel so proud of myself for not waiting till the last minute to get started on Christmas cards. Do you see me patting myself on the back? With the move this year, I'll be sending more than I usually do and I really don't like the stress of waiting till the last minute. If you're with me and interested in doing a card class, let me know and we'll get a date set.
Faith loved painting with an old Aqua Painter while I was working on my cards! (I just hope her Mom doesn't mind the ink stain on her new shirt! Oops! Or the red elbow that she'll have for a day or two!) She's going to be a great crafter when she grows up!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

  1. okay Ill set a date, when you up to coming back this way LOL Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully soon!! We could make cards! I'd love that! HUGS! Lauri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!