Family Favorites

As I was making our soup for dinner tonight, I used the recipe from the book that I had made for Christmas for our girls a couple of years ago. I wanted to share it with you today, just in case it gives you a good idea for a Christmas gift that you can get started on now. I used an older set that has been retired, but we have a great set that's almost like it on page 148 of the catalog that you can substitute. I kept the pages real simple and added pictures of the people from the family that I had gotten the recipes from. I even have some pictures of my grandma from when she was about 16 years old. (She was born in 1900)! Her recipe for rhubarb custard pie has been one of our family favorites for many years! It was fun to collect recipes from family members, and as I did, I asked them about special memories to share and wrote them on the pages with the recipes. One of the recipes from Larry's Dad, fondly known as Gramps, tells about how he made those doughnuts every year at Christmas, and one Christmas quadrupled the ingredients. Kaye told me that they delivered doughnuts to all the neighbors and then some. They didn't think they were ever going to get rid of all the doughnuts that he had made! What a fun way to share some of those memories and pass them down.
Here's Katie's Baked Potato Soup page. I add bacon or ham to mine and at the end of the recipe I tell the girls that, but remind them that ingredient didn't come from Katie! (She was a vegetarian when she was in college, so wouldn't have touched the stuff!). She still prefers hers without the meat.
Since I've given these to the girls, we have added 2 daughter-in-laws to the family, so I'm working on 2 more books for Christmas for them. Do you have some great family recipes to pass on to your kids? How about some great stories?
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!