Field Flowers

I fell in love with Field Flowers the minute I looked at the new catalog. That card caught my eye right off! I love the flowers and had to have that set with my first order. I finally got time yesterday to sit down and try to copy what they did with it. I did make a few changes as I didn't have all the supplies, and of course, it's a little late to send packets of seeds to someone, so I didn't make mine a matchbook card. I was in need of some cards for sick friends that I've been praying for and  need just a little encouragement. Off they all go in the mail today! They didn't end up an exact copy, but I definitely like the results!
Ingredients: Field Flowers, A to Z background, Elizabeth (The sentiment is from a retired set) Inside Blessings from Heaven
Paper: Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Peach Parfait, In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede
Accessories: VersaMarker, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Cutter Kit, Twill Tape, dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Texturz plate background 1, Big Shot, sewing machine and thread

Here's a view from the side so you can see the dimension to it.

The original used textured card stock, which I didn't have in the right colors, so I added a little texture to mine with the Texturz plate and my Big Shot. I do love the plates for just a little added texture that's not as heavy as the folders can be. Subtle! I crumpled the DSP and didn't attach it smooth to the card front. The flowers are stamped with the Peach Parfait then the Calypso Coral for the petals, the Soft Suede and the Early Espresso for the centers, and Lucky Limeade for the leaves. After stamping, I colored over the flowers and the leaves with the VersaMarker, then clear embossed them. That brought the colors to life on them and just made them pop! The A to Z went over the top with the Soft Suede stamped off first so it wasn't too bold. Be sure to wipe any excess ink off the embossed image after stamping over the top of it. I sewed around the edges with my machine with a Crumb Cake colored thread then added the roughness to the edges and dimensioned it to the top of the card. Of course, you can't forget the inside...
I did the inside flower the same, then add the verse from Blessings from Heaven along the bottom. I did add the stitching to the edges of that piece too and roughed the edges the same. Larry was amazed that I was sewing on cards! It adds such a great touch to the finished card. Men just don't understand! Ha! Ha!
We're fighting some of the "crud" here and not feeling real well the last couple of days. Hope this finds everyone well and stamping!! Have a great weekend!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!