Telescoping Snowman

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! I'm getting in the snow mood with all the snowman cards I've been doing, and have been able to get some of my Christmas cards done at the same time! I'm feeling so accomplished! I love this snowman! His three sections fold together to fit in a regular size envelope, then twist out to reveal all his layers and your message underneath. This fold is not difficult and so much fun to make! I watched a video from Barb Mullikin (another demonstrator) that showed how to put them together and another of our design team, Andrea Shields gave me the snowman idea.  Here they are all together.
And here one is all stretched out...
I just love his face! It makes me smile!
Ingredients: Stamp sets: Loads of Love, Snow Much Fun
Paper: Shimmery White, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Glimmer paper, Red and Silver, Early Espresso
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue,Cajun Craze
Accessories: Scallop Circle #2 Die, 3" Circle Die, Circles #2 Die , Doily Triple Layer Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, silver brads, Dazzling Details, Black Marker, Cajun Craze Marker, Owl Punch (for the small heart cheeks), White pen, Snail adhesive, Dimensionals, 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon Cherry Cobbler, Mini Jingle Bells, embroidery floss, Northern Flurries Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Corner Rounder

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I added the Dazzling Details to the snowflakes that are embossed in his center section, and some to the snowball on the biggest section. Did you catch the little jingle bell on his hat tied on with matching embroidery floss? All the sections were shaded with sponge daubers before I put them together and little details added to the carrot with a marker.
I did try to add the video for you to watch, but obviously still have some lessons to learn on blogging. You can find it by searching You Tube. Maybe next time I can get it figured out.
I'm off to make some more of them! Just too cute to only make a couple!
Happy Stampin'! And Happy Weekend!
Lauri

Comments

  1. He's the cutest. I love the snow burst. An extra touch. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!