Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year! May the Lord's abundant blessings shower down on you through the coming year. I'm anxious to see what changes He has in store for us next! It's definitely been a year of change for us! We moved to Elko, NV from Rapid City, SD back in July, my husband is now a school teacher...a huge change for him!...and I'm a stay at home Grandma, helping watch some of my grandchildren now! Who would have known?? I love the extra time I have to stamp and create now, and I love being here and watching my grandchildren grow up! The only thing that would be better is having them all in the same place!! We'll be adding another one soon...just 6 weeks away! So excited to meet her! Gabe has nicknamed her Anchovy! (Hope that one doesn't stick!)
I wanted to share some of the awesome birthday cards I received in December. I love them! I have some pretty creative friends! Thank you all for the beautiful cards! They will be cherished!
The one on the left came from Ellie and the other one from Janet. Beautiful cards! I love all the layers!

I love the bling on these! The one on the left from Susan and the one on the right from Vickie. They're so pretty in real life!

These came from Audrey and Penny! Love the sparkle and bling on them! You can't tell from the picture, but the one from Penny has lots of dazzling diamonds on the snow. Unfortunately the one from Audrey lost some it's pearls in the mailing. I found a cool trick that I'm going to try with cards that have a little more thickness to them....take a piece of cardstock and put it through the crimper, then "pad" the card with that for the mailing. A couple of them came with holes in the envelopes too...I think the post office is pretty rough on things anymore!  A couple of them came postage due...ones I probably wouldn't have thought would...you just never know with the post office which ones they will decide to do that with. When in doubt, I've been adding the extra .20 postage. I hope none of the Christmas cards that I sent came that way to anyone!! If they did, please let me know!

These were a couple of Christmas cards that I got. The red one from Vickie and the reindeer one from Pat...which doubled as a birthday card for me. Thanks so much for remembering me!! I had so much fun opening my mail!! It really made my day extra special!

Katie put a big turkey in the oven for the day...something that they don't have in Indonesia! This will be the first turkey that they have eaten! Oh the things that I'm finding out we take so for granted...baking supplies, birthday party favors for our kids, and now turkeys! Nina is going home with one packed suitcase! I've been working on a recipe book for her too...with recipes like pie crust, apple pie, pumpkin pie, cheesecake...the things they don't usually make there! Of course, we've had to make them all...some of them twice! I guess you know what one of my resolutions is going to be....take off that extra 20 pounds!...AGAIN!!
Happy New Year and Happy Stampin'!!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!