Copy Cat from Catalog

I love our catalog and all the great card ideas! I still haven't run out of ones that I want to try to make. You should see all the circles in my catalog! This one caught my eye the first time I paged through it, and I thought that it would be pretty easy to do. It was a little more complicated than I first anticipated, but after a couple of trial and errors, I got it figured out and then they went together pretty quick. I changed just a couple of things, but it's basically like the picture on page 160 of the Idea Book and Catalog. Here's my version:
I made some for Birthdays and Thank you cards, and some....

Just from me....

Lots and lots of dimension with the embossing and flower, ribbon and dimensionals! I love the inside! I used the tulip embossing folder, then colored them with markers. I know, my friend Susan would say that I'm crazy, but it's just so pretty!

Love the colors...one of my favorite combinations...purple and green! You can get a list of the ingredients on the sidebar, or here's a list of what I used.

Ingredients: Stamps: Sincere Salutations, A Word For You
Paper:Confetti White, Old Olive, Perfect Plum, In Color Patterns DSP, First Edition Specialty Paper
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Grosgrain Ribbon, In Color brads, Fancy Flower Punch, Blossom Petals Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Tulips Embossing Folder, Pearls Jewels, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Markers

The hardest part of these were getting a template made that was straight for the "windows". When I got one made for that, I used it to punch all 6 of the cards that I made (and saved it to do again sometime) and then it was pretty easy! I just punched out the pieces and put them together! I love the little pearl on the sentiment and the little cut out piece with part of the words on it. I didn't have any of the buttons, so used the brads in the center of my flower and since I didn't have the textured paper, I textured the front with the tulips embossing folder to give it a little more dimension.  Love how they turned out!! I'd love to send one to each of you! LOL!
Hope you're getting some great stamping time in! I'm working on Valentines that I'll share with you tomorrow.
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!