Will You Be My Valentine?

Valentine's is just around the corner...that day that some would just as soon skip! Back in SD, the Christian radio station, KSLT sponsored a program called My Golden Valentine. They requested Valentines from their listeners to pass out to the elderly in nursing homes, assisted living homes, and to the shut ins of the community...those that so many times are forgotten on a day like Valentine's Day.  I've made Valentines for them for the last several years and have had so much fun doing it! While I was making these Valentines, I thought maybe it would be something that I can do here in Elko! Katie suggested getting her Agape group  from school involved, so I'm off and running to see what I can put together. If any of you would like to get involved, just make some Valentines to be delivered to the elderly in the community and let me know. What a joy giving brings! I know I've always been blessed more than the receiver doing it! KSLT started out with 350 Valentines the first year and had donations of over 10,000 Valentines last year! WOW! I know that they are doing it again this year, and would love your participation there too! Here's a simple version of some of the Valentines that I'll be making...
A little "non traditional" color...Poppy Parade!

The insides are stamped with the new stamp Candy Conversations in the Occasions Mini Catalog.

I did some of the more traditional Valentine color too...Real Red. I love the red and white ribbon tied together on these! I added a little tag from the Tiny Tags set and attached it with a pin from the Vintage Trinkets.

Another more traditional color...Cherry Cobbler

Ingredients: Take It to Heart, Tiny Tags, Candy Conversations
Paper: Poppy Parade, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Ink: Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (sanded), Big Shot, Heart Framelit Dies, Ribbons to match, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Vintage Trinkets, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals

How fun and easy to do! I have my first 10 done! LOL!
Happy Stampin'!
Lauri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Work, Work!

Scrapbook on the Walls

Thank You!